It was 2005. I was ten years old. I had just remembered the preamble to the constitution and was preparing break a school record in the Greenwood Joggers (my grade school’s version of watching hamsters run in a circle, but I was good).
Tiger’s win this last weekend, led to much reminiscing. What was I doing last time Tiger slipped into the Green Jacket? I was entering the prepubescent years (yes, I was a little slow to puberty). The glory days of two square and running in circles to win a pass to Adventure Land. Not a care in the world.
But in 2005 Tiger Woods, was golf. Phil existed as someone’s dad, Jordan Spieth is my age… and no one else on tour made a 10 year old want to watch golf.
This exact same feeling happened this weekend. So I just wanted highlight some notable events that took place in 2005.
- The Bird Flu took off in Europe and Asia
- Hurricane Katrina Hit the Gulf Coast
- Four Robotic vehicles crossed 240km in the Nevada Mojave desert
- Lance Armstrong won his seventh Tour de France
- Some of the best movies were:
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Green Day was still hot
- Lastly in 2005 London won the bid for the 2012 Olympic Games
I think we can all agree, Tiger’s Master’s win was probably the best thing to happen in 2005 (except maybe Madagascar). I cannot imagine 2019 having any higher moments then what happened on Sunday. See you all in 2020… Repeat?